CZUL FIR Chief

Philip Dowling

All

I am sure most if not all of you know Yanick Coulombe our Montreal FIR Chief.

Yanick came to this role around 3 years ago, at a time when Montreal was essentially a dead FIR.  There was little to no staffing, little in the way of FIR structure and staffing.  In the last 3 years Yanick has gradually created an incredible team and FIR which is now a shadow of it's former self.  With regular staffing, a very active training scheme, regular events.  Yanick has surrounded himself with an incredible staff who have helped him bring things to where they are today.

Yesterday, I accepted Yanick's resignation.  Yanick has brought Montreal to as far as he would like to take it and feels it is time for new blood, and for him to get back to one of his true loves (other than the Montreal FIR) which is web development.  As such he will be remaining with Montreal FIR as their webmaster.

For the interim, Yanick will be remaining as Chief while a replacement is chosen, for which he has my thanks!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Yanick for his tireless efforts over the past 3 years.  He will be missed, however, I am happy he will be remaining within the Montreal FIR!

Please join me in congratulating Yanick on his achievements and best wishes for his future endeavors!

Phil Dowling  (813710)
VATCAN Division Director

p.dowling@vatcan.ca
vatcan.ca
6BWg8WR.png